Saturday, October 3, 2009

Week 1 Wimba Session 1

Hey guys:

Sorry I was not able to attend the Wimba session last week. Work has been really crazy as we gear up for November sweeps (I work in television). I'm looking forward to the media asset creation topics in this class, but the thesis part has me worried. It just feels like the past nine months have sailed by. I think that this class will be a good complement to the past three classes in gaming, music and film/video production. It's like we have been given all of these tools, and now we're going to figure out how to put them all together in an efficient and effective manner. I have seen the Doctor Don Power Point presentation before (in other training sessions for using Power Point in the workplace). It is a very effective and funny piece that should be viewed by anyone that is interested in creating technology instruction or teaching. I have been reading the book Convergence Culture and have been fascinated on how Henry Jenkins looks at how technology and culture are combining or clashing on certain things. I don't think that the entertainment industry could have foretold how powerful (and how dangerous) the Internet was going to be. I think that the idea of how the Entertainment Industry is dealing with 21st Century technologies can be compared to how the Education Industry is dealing with them. I look forward to working with you guys this month and will be more than happy to help if anyone needs anything. Have a great weekend!

The following video was found on the "@ Google" channel on Youtube.



Here is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbU6BWHkDYw

1 comment:

  1. Another Jenkin's video. Wonderful! Hope that you can make future Wimba sessions.

    ReplyDelete